Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression
Logan Osland Chiropractic offers non-invasive spinal treatments helping to relieve pain and prevent the problems associated with spinal compression. Our office treats patients through non-surgical decompression therapy. You can experience a reduction in pain associated with sitting, improper sleeping positions, and injuries to the spinal cord.
How Spinal Compression Occurs
Spinal compression occurs because of a narrowing in the spinal canal, usually at one or more disc spaces. This can result from degenerative changes in the discs and/or facet joints, trauma (e.g., fractures), tumors, etc. The most common symptom is pain, but other symptoms surface when compression becomes a chronic issue.
What is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression is a chiropractic treatment that uses gentle pressure on the spine to help reduce or eliminate nerve irritation caused by spinal compression. The goal of treatment is to restore proper function of your nervous system.
Non-surgical spinal decompression therapy is not a replacement for those in need of spinal fusion or another form of a spinal decompression surgery. Spinal decompression chiropractic adjustments are to best used as a part of a preventative or pain management treatment plan.
Possible Symptoms You May Be Experiencing
You may be a candidate for spinal decompression therapy if you are experiencing one of the following.
An unusual disturbance in hand coordination.
Numbness at any of your extremities.
Cramping in your legs, arms, and hands.
Weakness in grip strength or when standing.
Burning caused by stress to the sciatica.
Confusing limp caused by a drop in weakness of a single foot.
Stiffening of the back for no reason.
Decrease in sexual ability.
As mentioned, we can also use spinal decompression as part of a preventative health plan. Don’t wait until the slow drip of spinal decompression caused by improper sitting and standing positions takes its toll.
The Benefits of Spinal Decompression
With regular use, the benefits of spinal decompression therapy from a chiropractor are often immediate. However, it is important to note that many patients will experience some improvement after their first visit with a chiropractor; We can attribute this to the fact that most people have mild or subclinical symptoms and thus may not require a longer period to see improvements.
Pain relief and restoration of strength are the most common benefits that our patients report. Whether it is in the extremities or spine, the negative pressure created through spinal decompression sessions helps to mitigate the issues caused by excessive sitting, injury, or genetic predisposition.
Triton DTS Decompression Table
Our office has made an investment in your spinal health by choosing the Triton DTS Decompression Table. This scientifically advanced spinal traction table uses modern technology to control the traction treatment for exactly what the patient needs.
Here are some features of our Triton DTS Spinal Distraction Table:
- Advanced electric traction powered by modern actuators. These assist in friction-free movement for the head, pelvic, chest and leg sections.
- Perfectly positioned remote control allowing for your chiropractor to use around the table.
- This 6-section treatment table provides total comfort for patients in both prone and supine positions for manual and traction therapy.
- Includes an adjustable pelvic tilt section that ranges from 0° to 20° to provide ﬂexion of lumbar spine and to help address pelvic asymmetry.
- Your chiropractor can reposition head piece from -30° to +40° to allow easy access to thoracic and cervical spine.
- Equipped with an atmospheric LED light system that sits in the table frame, with cycling or fixed modes.
- Easy to tuck-away grab bars for hanging traction without causing thoracic restraint.
- Well built heated cushions that provide greater patient comfort.
- Table is easy to transport and secure once put in place.
- Includes a complete range of accessories to suit every patient size and need.
Schedule Your Visit With Dr. Osland
Trust Dr. Osland to guide you through the process of non surgical spinal decompression. Schedule a visit today!
Dr. Osland is a board certified chiropractor practicing at his clinic in Ventura & Oxnard, California. He specializes in treating back and neck pain, personal injury, and athletes across Ventura County.